A plugin for SqueezeCenter
SqueezeCenter 7.3: you can use the repository URL https://tuxreborn.netlify.com/slim/slim7/repodata.xml in the web Extension Downloader interface instead of manually unzipping the plugin.
Download the latest version
Unpack in your Plugins directory.
Note: PlayLog only works with SqueezeCenter 7.
What it does
PlayLog can record information about every track/song you play on
your Squeezebox, Transporter, or even SliMP3. It provides a modern
Web interface for browsing its log, and allows easy searching and
Here is a demo of
PlayLog in the SqueezeCenter "Classic" Web skin (the one I
use most often; PlayLog also works well in most other skins).
This demo does not show the filtering capabilty available in
newer releases, which allows you to display only lines matching
certain Titles, Artists, Albums, Days, Players, or URLs.
Why use PlayLog?
- To keep track of songs you hear on Internet Radio, and
easily look for more information about the artists, or
purchase CDs or MP3s of the music.
- To create a log of the music you played at your last
party, in the order played even though you used Random Mix
or had your Squeezeboxes shuffling.
- So your house guests can get a list of the music they
heard while visiting.
All configuration is done with an old-style infrared remote and
a Transporter, Squeezebox 3, SliMP3, etc. There is no interface
for the Squeezebox Controller/Duet yet, though PlayLog's automatic
logging options should work fine with a Duet/Receiver.
- PlayLog will not log any information, and there is no
special remote control sequence.
- If you press Now Playing and then press Right Arrow
within a few seconds, PlayLog will log info about the current song.
Tip: to get more Now Playing infor without logging info, press
Now Playing then Left Arrow then Right Arrow
- All Internet Radio
- PlayLog will record every non-local track automatically. Using
the sequence described in the "Manual" section, you can also log
information about local tracks.
- All tracks
- PlayLog will record info about every track played.
- Automatic or manual logging
- Remember the last songs played even in manual mode so you could log info about a track "after the fact"
- If automatically logging, do not log info if you play less than 10 seconds of the song/track
- Choose between different monthly log files
- Easily sort the table by columns
- Filtering by columns (think "Show only songs by this artist")
- Easily delete specific entries from the web UI
- Easily copy or move entries to new PlayLog files (think copy info about songs Sean would like to my "music for Sean" file)
- Click on a URL and use choose a player on which to play that URL (replacing the current playlist or adding the selected song/URL to the end of the current playlist
Features planned but not yet implemented:
- A Squeezebox Controller UI
- Option to show only a certain number of tracks on one web page
Other plugins - Home